Tuesday, February 19, 2013

LANTERN FESTIVAL




I TOOK THE TRAIN TO PINGXI…..The first time I sent a lantern to heaven to honor my mentor, film director Kurosawa Akira…..The second time I thanked Taiwan for the peacefulness of Pingxi, Tamsui, Hsimenting, Taipei 101, the Non-Violent Transfer from a 50-Year Old Dictatorship to Democracy, Hands Across Taiwan, and the Million-Person Sit-In, instead of Hajj, the Ganges, and soccer riots,….The third time I prayed that Taiwan would have a visionary, humanistic, effective President who would not sell Taiwan to China, developers, bankers, or controlled media corporations…..


No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog is for vulnerable communication from my heart, mind, and spirit, meant to touch readers who are passionate about creativity, art, life, and cultures.... Nastiness and personal attack are expressions of bitterness, not meaningful communication. The internet drowns in negativity, but not this site....Thoughtful criticism, however, is not negative, but an affirmation of ideals, hopes, and caring. Positive comments are more useful if they are not meant for my ego, but to share compassion and love....Thanks for reading, feeling, and sharing.