Friday, April 5, 2013

"LIKE"












Sometimes I "LIKE" a photo but not the words, sometimes the sentiments but not the illustration, sometimes the larger ideas but not the actual post. Sometimes I like the person who posted it, or want to offer my morale support to someone I don't know. Sometimes my finger slips.....There is no way to know what "LIKE" means on Facebook, so it is only a quickie massage of the ego, not a fulfilling meal. Facebook promises communication, but only offers the thinnest surface image of communication, and actually prevents real communication....Facebook is a potentially great concept and invention to soothe loneliness, but it's still in its most primitive stage, leaving the human spirit feel even lonelier.

[Painting by 黃安祖Andrew詩畫家, on Facebook]

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog is for vulnerable communication from my heart, mind, and spirit, meant to touch readers who are passionate about creativity, art, life, and cultures.... Nastiness and personal attack are expressions of bitterness, not meaningful communication. The internet drowns in negativity, but not this site....Thoughtful criticism, however, is not negative, but an affirmation of ideals, hopes, and caring. Positive comments are more useful if they are not meant for my ego, but to share compassion and love....Thanks for reading, feeling, and sharing.