Wednesday, January 2, 2013

IS ANYONE THERE?






Dear Readers, whomever you may be,
if there are readers,

I've experimented with the 21st Century for 12 years,
and I still don't get the point.....

I started a Blog to communicate openly with strangers ,
who might become long-distant friends
of the spirit, mind, and heart.

I have Facebook, to communicate instantly, less deeply,
with strangers who might become closer acquaintances,
interested or moved enough to read my Blog.

I've "LIKED" many many things on Facebook, truthfully,
and have received a few "LIKES" myself.

Yet I am no closer to Communication than before.
I cannot touch warm skin,
touch good hearts,
play seriously with minds in sync,
create visions together,
or feel anything.

I am often entertained, but rarely fed.
Despite accumulating more and more "friends,"
my very real spirit is isolated.
Virtual life echos in the dark hole of technology,
although I know there are living souls out there.

For me,
Google+, Tweets, SMS, YouTube, Skype don't work.
Hands, eyes, voices, smiles, film stock, paper, Art,
bridge the human chasm.
Digital, 0s & 1s, invisible rays, instant anything, do not.

For awhile, I will continue my Blog and Facebook....
until I discover an effective way to be part of our species,
to contribute something worthwhile, to help people,
to imagine a sense of meaning.

Ron
2013

2 comments:

  1. I think facebook, blogs etc are just a supplement to the real thing. Facebook takes a little time to build, but I think you are doing the right thing: 'liking' posts and writing the occasional update. Blogs, however, are a bit more hit and miss. It can be hard to get readers, and even harder to get comments. Impressed that you are referencing your own blog posts in facebook though! You are more 21st century than you think!

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous Darren,

      You are known internationally, from Anaheim to Taipei!

      Thank you for your encouragement....only my second comment since I started the blog. Now I know the comments work, but no one else wants to leave a comment...

      Therefore, it is like giving s class in a pitch black room. I still don't know if anyone is there, listening, asleep, or ready to shoot me....No response is worse for a needy only child writer than negative response. Maybe I need to become an artist terrorist.

      So , is it possible to meet you before I leave Taiwan February 28 (228 Day) ?

      Delete

My blog is for vulnerable communication from my heart, mind, and spirit, meant to touch readers who are passionate about creativity, art, life, and cultures.... Nastiness and personal attack are expressions of bitterness, not meaningful communication. The internet drowns in negativity, but not this site....Thoughtful criticism, however, is not negative, but an affirmation of ideals, hopes, and caring. Positive comments are more useful if they are not meant for my ego, but to share compassion and love....Thanks for reading, feeling, and sharing.